Smart Space Cabinet
A unique cabinet with sliding/removable side panels, when bayed within rows
Panel Options are:
- Narrow Partition Panels usually in sliding pairs, to open or close side access
- Full Depth Sliding Panels for zero side access
The only rack that resolves the competing challenges of:
- Inter rack security
- Cross cabling between racks
- Cold Air/Hot Air separation within the rack for improved cooling
An elegant solution for co-location or single user Data Centres
In some older, outdated rack designs, totally removable side panels in high density applications, badly reduce the efficiency of cold air flow within the rack and allow hot air to be scavenged from the rear to the front of the 'IT' equipment, destroying the cooling effect. When side panels are totally removed, cold air can escape wastefully and hot air finds an easy path around the sides of the 'IT' equipment and mixes with air entering the front of the servers, raising equipment temperatures and increasing the energy consumption of the cooling plant. Obviously bad practice, this problem can totally negate the benefits of Aisle Cocooning and is exacerbated in high power density installations.
The Smart Space Cab offers two versions of sliding removable Partition Panels for racks bayed in rows.
- Narrow Partition Panels Used in pairs these narrow partition panels can slide fore and aft to either: - Open cross cabling apertures between adjacent racks - Or completely close off inter-rack side access Importantly, cooling air flow is managed to maximum efficiency in both positions.
- Full Depth Panels Used singly (or in pairs) to achieve a permanent sideways barrier between adjacent racks. Also used as end-of-row side panels. Full depth panels also preserve Cooling Air Flow efficiently.
Features and Benefits of Narrow Partition Panels
- A full specification Server Smart Cab, enhanced with sliding/removable side panels (Narrow Partition Type)
- Side panels slide open to allow cross-cabling apertures between single client racks, in a row, when required
- Alternatively, the sliding side panels can easily be adjusted to close off all side access between racks for total security.
- The side panels can be totally removed or added to bayed racks at any time during the life of the installation
- Uniquely, when fitted, the side panels, in any position, maintain close proximity to the front equipment mounting posts to minimise hot air scavenging to the front cold area
- Maximum cooling efficiency is always maintained within the rack in any fitted side panel configuration. No cold air is wasted
- High density installations benefit substantially from this advantage
- AIR-LOKK moulded seals can further improve the avoidance or hot air scavenging to the front area of the equipment.
- AIR-LOKK mouldings are easily configured to cater for 'IT' equipment requiring cross air floor cooling (mixed airflow patterns)
- Side panels need not be removed, so separate storage of side panels is a challenge which disappears
- Side panels can be totally removed, or not fitted, as desired
Narrow Partition Panels
One in each adjacent rack, work as opposing pairs to open or close side access between racks. Always preserving Cold Air/Hot Air segregation in any position.
The standard Cannon range of cabinet accessories is suitable for the Cannon Smart Space Cabinet - click here for further details
TOP IMAGE: SMART SPACE CAB WITH NARROW PARTITION PANELS / BOTTOM IMAGE: SMART SPACE CAB WITH FULL DEPTH PANELS
Cannon Smart Space Cab
| (252 KB)
|Cannon Smart Space Cabinet - Issue 1 (2012)|
Cannon Cabinet Accessories PDF
| (4582 KB)
|Cannon Cabinet Accessories|
Cannon Cabinet Quick-Fit Accessories
| (2369 KB)
|Cannon Cabinet Quick-Fit Accessories|
Cannon Cabinet Raceway & RAFt Systems PDF
| (3180 KB)
|Cannon Cabinet Raceway RAFt Systems|